Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week Ten: Signing off

Dear All,

This suppose to be my last official blog entry for my course which started amid lots of expectation and excitement. In this intensive ten week not only have I got to know some brilliant teachers and wonderful people but also I worked quite rigorously for keeping up with all my course mates.

It would actually take me a whole week of non stop writing to chronicle my learning from this amazing course. So, I would actually write some of my best learning from this course.

I would like to start with the idea of blog for interaction with students. It seemed to me my greatest learning. Later I found that the blog can be used for extended self learning by exploring supplementary material by the instructor. It can also be used to learn about student's writing and their interest which can determine the course of the learning for the students to some extent.

Another biggest learning is to know about the things that I thought I knew quite well. For example, I hardly thought of power point as a powerful tool for interaction while teaching a item in the class. After learning a whole lot of techniques and tips about power point presentation I am sure to have a lot of interaction with my students even when I am 'lecturing' on some 'uncool' things especially in my writing class.

I would like to end it here as I plan to actually come back to this post and enrich it with my more discovery I had throughout the course
       

2 comments:

  1. Hi Farid,

    I'm glad you plan to continue using your blog to reflect and share all that you've learned and will continue to learn.

    It has been a great class, and I'm so glad I got to "know" you through the course.

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodi,

    Its my pleasure to meet you and all my wonderful colleagues. I hope to apply all the enlightening things to my classes and share it with my colleagues. I am planing to write my 'work plan' to disseminate among my colleagues all the amazing things I have learned. I would like to share my plan with you and get some feedback if you can manage some time.

    Thank you for being such patient instructor.

    Regards

    Farid

    ReplyDelete